Saturday 12 July 2008

Beaten by the Tractor Boys

One casualty of my chosen vocation is that I don't get a lot of time to do many of the things that I once enjoyed, a prime example being attending football matches. However as a Brentford supporter I thought it was about time that I paid Griffin Park a visit so, in the company of my son Joe, I went along last night to see them play Ipswich Town in a friendly.

Sadly they went down 2-0. After Brentford had dominated the first half without managing to capitalise, the Championship side's class began to shine through in the second half and in the final analysis the result was a fair one.

However there was much about Brentford's performance to be enthusiastic about, so let's hope Andy Scott can pull it off and get us back into League One next May.

No comments: